The warm and friendly port of Alpena Michigan was founded in 1840. Known as the Sunrise Side of Michigan, Alpena has been home to the Catholic Community of Alpena for nearly as long. In 1883, St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church was established with a two-room schoolhouse built in 1888.
As the educational needs of the community grew, Alpena Catholic Central High School was inaugurated in 1950, providing faith-based opportunities for the youth of the four Catholic parishes of Alpena. Overlooking historic Thunder Bay river, the building occupied twenty-two acres and was staffed by the Dominican Sisters of Grand Rapids.
Today, All Saints Catholic School is affiliated with the Catholic Community of Alpena. The school provides preschool to 8th grade education with the mission to nurture the love of God already present in each child, and to become a community of learners guided by our Catholic tradition.